Saturday, November 10, 2012

Hmmmmmm.........

As I look back on the last few years of my worship life, I wonder how or where I would be if the leadership in my life would have done things "differently". Whether or not they would've sacked up at times when our voice was limited, or stopped the church from diluting the anointing that certain leaders had. This charade seems to be a common one at that place. But because they didn't, a worship team has crumbled, relationships were strained, and a sense of celebrity has taken over the importance of effective worship. How is it even remotely fair that a woman devotes herself to this and just gets the boot? Sure she is having a HUGE situation right now, but that doesn't mean you just drop her off near a ditch to fit a "celebrity" into your car then afterwards rub it in her face that this "celebrity" is the "solution" to your desperation. You had to hire this man becuase there was no investment in the "leadership" that was already dedicated to the team. But apparently dedication is never good enough. You drove away the people who were dedicated and then were scratching your heads wondering, Where did everybody go? More than half of your leaders left for your CNC South Side church. Another is only God knows where doing only God knows what. There is another couple that are going to leave your church when the opportunity arises. Get a freaking clue. Stop driving the anointing away, teach the people to get over themselves and teach some unity and none of this would've had to happen. And to the couple of people who asked me, Don't you wish you were back here for this? My answer is an emphatic and cheerful NO! Because I'm where God want's me to be. Which is somewhere serving HIM! Not serving myself or seeking a bigger name.

No comments:

Post a Comment